Jan 18, 2014

Tattoo Idea

So, I doubt I'll actually ever get a second tattoo. But if I had to, it'd have something to do with relying on yourself. One of the things that I had to learn the hard way as of recently is that sometimes the people you most count on and the people you most cherish can't always be there in the way you'd like them to be. Maybe it's not so much about them letting you down but more about you, yourself, having too high of expectations. I've learned that sometimes a true sacrifice is to lower expectations. That may sound horrible but compromise is all about that. Relationships…all kinds of relationships…are about compromise and about settling. Sometimes, when you allow yourself to have high expectations, those expectations are actually met. But what I've realized is for me to actually be strong and happy, I have to lower expectations to truly move on.

So one day, if I feel as though I actually have the courage to get a second tattoo, I think that it would revolve around relying on yourself because that's all I gotta do to make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment