Dec 17, 2012

Going back to the Studio

So I'm going back to the studio tomorrow and to be perfectly honest, I am terrified. This time, I'm not just doing some cover of some song. This time, I'm literally recording my own song. Just the piano and I. And it's so scary to think that I can't just be like "Oh it's a cover by so and so." Once this is out there (if it gets put out there), my vulnerability is also out there for grabs. 

The song is called "In Sync." It's written for someone...someone who has pretty much changed a lot for me this year, and in the most positive way possible. This song has probably been the easiest one that I've ever written. That's probably mostly due to the fact that I was completely and utterly inspired and fired up as I was writing it. At first, it wasn't easy at all. Actually, it was kind of hard to sing without choking up and getting  emotional. But then, I sat back on the stool and started writing again and it came to me fluidly. 

So excited. And So frightened. At the same exact time.

No comments:

Post a Comment