Dec 28, 2010

Three songs you should listen to: Hide and Seek (Murdok Remix) by Imogen Heap, In My Arms by Plumb, and War Sweater by Wakey!Wakey!

Music has taken me places. As long as I remember, instruments and headphones have followed me wherever I go, hand in hand. There are songs that describe my every mood and depending on what mood I'm in, songs form themselves around me. I've been watching this show and I'm not a big believer in television, however, I do watch a lot. To me, a good song, isn't just about the beat or about the rhythm or speed of the song. A song is like any other being, sugarcoated and surfaced with a secretive layer. You can only appreciate a song if you get underneath that layer and really feel the soul of the music. I've learnt this from researching Woodstock, which has to be one of the most historic and motivating events in the world. On the note of impressive things, I've never been impacted by a show as much as I've been impacted by this one. One Tree Hill. the character which I can relate myself most to would Peyton Soyer. She believed in music. Her world wasn't absolute without the surrounding of records. It tears me apart that the music world is a very hard business to get into. But, like Peyton, one day for pure fun, I'd like to create a record label and show the world what I'm made of. But that's just a dream.

"I happen to believe the world will change when we change ourselves. And that starts with finding ourselves. And that starts with listening to ourselves: learning to quiet the clamor in our minds and the voices of everyone around us and move toward what feels right- towards the things we know, for reasons we can't explain, that we're meant to do, the things that will make us feel alive." -KY Cutron

No comments:

Post a Comment