Aug 17, 2015

Some of the things I've learned this summer

1) When you and another person don't share the same mindset, do not force it! Take a step back. Even if you love a person or if you care for them, they don't need to conform to your needs in return. Everyone has their own standards and needs, and nobody should change that. So essentially, don't ever pull the "misery likes company" card.

2) Stop running away. Seriously. Nothing is as bad as you make it seem. New York City is one of the places that I used to dread the most just because of the amount of memories and hardships I've experienced here. Oh man did it take me a while to realize that it is not something to run from.

3) I used to be restless and insecure about staying still. Learn to take some rest. Not enjoying your home and your family is seriously overrated. They are the best comfort sometimes.

I stopped writing in this blog for a while because I turned to a notebook instead. Over the summer, I picked up the pen and actually started writing again. It's a good exercise. Writing in person has a different feel than writing on here. When I'm writing in a notebook, it's much more raw...much less perfected. It contains a lot more rage. A lot more emotion. When I write in here, it is much more thought about. There is more reflection. And I really like both. Most writers know that sometimes the initial draft of something is not what you'd ultimately like to share in the end. I think that it takes a lot of re-writing, a lot of re-thinking to really understand your own work.

Hands down the healthiest thing in the world for me has been writing in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment