Sep 28, 2014

Being by Yourself

So lately, I've been thinking about opening another blog purely about the ways that you can take care of yourself, how you can be happy. It wouldn't be an advice blog, or anything of the sorts. Simply a website that serves as a optimism booster in itself.

The reason why I came up with this idea is because during this last month or so, I've really been trying to take care of myself. I've been watching how I eat more, been trying out new clothes, recorded my first song for my EP, getting used to a new job, concentrating on school and making sure to stay in contact with everyone that I care about. What I've learned is that ultimately your happiness is in your hands. it's really you who has to decide that enough is enough and that it's time to really look out for yourself. It's a really empowering feeling. I'm always going to be able to look back at this period of my life and realize that I did something for myself and that I took care of myself before I reached a true breaking point. 19 is an awkward age because you are just coming out of the pampering years. It's an awkward age because although it may not seem like it, the real world is right around the corner. And we can taste it on the tip of our tongues. We know that a lot of the decisions we are making in these critical years may very well affect our lives for the long run. That's a lot of pressure but it's also ridiculously exhilarating. All I know is that there is no better time than this one to take care of yourself. I will continue to look out for what my body, my mind, my sanity needs. I vouch to commit to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment