Jun 17, 2014

Montreal

So, I've been thinking a lot about Montreal and how much I miss it. One of the weirdest things I had to accept this year is that I don't exactly plan on making New York City my home for the rest of my life. Up until this year, I thought that New York City was the only place that I could envision myself in. But realistically, until I hit an appropriate financial status and age, I really can't enjoy NYC to its full capacity. What I really love about Montreal is the fact that I can enjoy music, nightlife and culture. And the greatest part is that in Montreal, I don't exactly feel like the "kid" that I do here. In general, there is a wider acceptance and open-mindedness about the maturity of adolescents in Montreal.

I realized that music is a big factor for me. I need a place that keeps me up to date with the music nowadays while also enlightening me about all the underground music. I also realized that even though Montreal is also a city, it still has a feel of community. I think that is really important especially for a college student who is trying to adapt to an entirely different scene. I went to this thing called "Igloo Fest" in the early months of this year and I was actually shocked at how well developed the show was. It was basically outdoor concerts in the middle of winter. So many people were there. All there for the music. All there regardless of the cold. It's really incredible how Montreal makes use of its city and I look forward to going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment