Mar 30, 2014

Dyana


This is Dyana. She might actually be the greatest person that ever entered my life. I remember when my roommate first met her; "Wow, she's so genuine when she speaks, as if everything you say to her is ridiculously important." There was no better way to put it. She pays attention to everything that you say and she actually listens. She is willing to give that constructive criticism when needed but the most important thing she has done for me is support me with all my choices. At the end of the day, it's as if she has this sixth sense...as if she just knows when you just need to hear the words "I feel you" or "I hear you."  I think she sees the good in everything she approaches. And there's never any judgment. I've never appreciated optimism and laughter as much--because those two words are literally the perfect way to describe her. The funny is thing is that before coming to McGill, I didn't feel a particular need to stay in much contact or stay close with the people from my high school that were here as well. But now, I have found that she reminds me of all the great things that come with home. I can laugh and joke with her about the things we experienced in high school and the things we experience now.

So, here's to another three years with her cause I really couldn't ask for a better friend. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment