Jan 14, 2014

"So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it. With all your heart."

Been writing been writing been writing!
So, I watch this show called One Tree Hill. And every year I make it a habit to at least watch some episodes of it just because I actually really believe its an inspiring show. Anyways, one of the main bases of the show is music. I have no idea why they chose this theme but every single episode is named after some kind of album, song, or lyric. The producers and directors must be music freaks or something. In the show, there is literally a music record label. It was actually my inspiration once for wanting to open up my own label one day. At some point or another, we see each character take some kind of music route. One Tree Hill was my main source of fire--or drive-- for starting up music again last semester just because it was nice to actually listen to so many genres of music. The show is known for taking low-key artists and blowing them up into huge things such as Gavin DeGraw, Jana Kramer, Kate Vogele, and Bethany Joy-Lenz. This is the show that made me discover my now favorite band: City and Color. But one of the great things about One Tree Hill is that it shows the artists before they were famous; we get to see the rawest of rawest songs that they sing. 

So yeah, whatever my songs become…whatever my album turns out to be…I have all those artists that chose to give One Tree Hill a chance and put their music on the show to thank. If it weren't for those artists, I probably wouldn't have the inspiration that I have today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment