Dec 2, 2013

The Offer

So, two days ago I got a message from a music producer who was offering to produce an album for me. It meant guaranteed original songs, a guaranteed band to back up my vocals, a professional recording studio, and connections. He was not just any producer; he had networking and I knew that If I were to take a chance with him, that something huge could happen. I was ecstatic at first and then it hit me that if I truly and really wanted to, my entire world could change in the blink of an eye. I was actually filled with hope that I could pursue my dream if I wanted to. For two nights straight, I went to sleep dreaming about a new life in which I didn't have to worry about school work, just one in which I could record for a living. The producer's studio is in Burbank, California--a suburb right outside LA. Suddenly, I was picturing myself taking a gap semester or year, just living in a small studio in LA, waking up and falling asleep to music. I'm a year ahead in college and if I truly wanted to, I could go to LA and come back in time to graduate with all my friends. I could've gotten the life I wanted. I had it all planned out for two days.

And then, things got more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment