Nov 14, 2013

Darkroom Vs. Recording Studio

So, around three or four years ago, I would've said that one of my favorite places to be in would be a darkroom. I wrote a post a while back about how much I loved it; you literally get to watch something transform itself in the most magical way. However, if you were to ask me today what my favorite place is it would have to be a recording studio. Usually, I'm pretty shy about performing or just singing in front of people. Sure, I'll mess around and sing casually around my friends and family but it'll never be to my highest potential. In the studio, I don't feel restricted at all. And now, in two days, I get to go with one of my really good friends and record.

What's so great about a recording studio? I don't know....I guess I feel comfortable in my own skin there. Performing for the acappella groups killed my passion for singing for a while but maybe it's because I'm not ready to sing for other people yet...I just need to sing for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment