Sep 2, 2013

The first week

"This picture completely captures who we are"-Gaby

Okay so I've been at McGill for like a week and two days. Apart from Valentina, I came to McGill not knowing Liza, Anna and Gaby. I didn't know if I'd be able to find people that I'd feel comfortable with for a long time. I thought it would take forever. Yet, I've been chilling with these girls every single day since I got here basically and it feels amazing to know that I have girls that I already feel close to here, that I can talk to about anything and who I respect so much. It's nice going to a school where everyone has a incredible balance. I can go out with all of you and have so many laughs and so much fun and then there are moments when we're able to talk about school and our past lives with such maturity and seriousness. It actually makes these friendships feel so much more real. The one thing that I hated about FROSH was that everyone seemed to be really forced into being nice and crazy and although I'm sure there were a bunch of lovely people, it honestly just came off as being fake. It was hard to actually have fun with people that you didn't feel comfortable with. Yet, somehow the five of us always found each other at some point in the day and enjoyed the events in one way or another and that was what made FROSH a lot more memorable. The last night was by far my best night, probably because I was in the company of you guys and that made it all the better. To a great 3-4 years, girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment