Jul 14, 2013

Tattoo

So, I finally just turned 18. And, for my 18th birthday, I really wanted to do something just for me. Lately, my parents and I have been arguing about what I want to pursue as a career. I would literally settle for any major they wanted. But one thing that I really want to pursue, regardless of it being simply a minor, is music. I've thought of this time and time again. People will try and strip me of my passions and my dreams as I get older. Many people will find ways to try and convince me out of the things I love. There is always a negative side to everything. One thing that I was told once was "El no siempre esta ahi, lo que tu buscas es el si." That, translated in english, is "The 'no's' are always there, what you're looking for is the 'yes'". I have to always remember to stay fueled on my love for music until one day I have all the courage in the world to take it head on. In the meantime, I have to accept that people will disapprove of my choices and thoughts. Well, that's what comes with being young, I guess.

So, I will never let anybody try to tell me differently about music. Whether it remains a hobby or I decide to take a leap with it when I'm older is up to me. Regardless of what I do, it will always be the one thing that has stayed constant with me all these years. Therefore, I wanted to have a reminder of what it meant to me and I went for it and got a tattoo of precisely that...

Hasta el fin, musica
Siempre canto
Forever Music


No comments:

Post a Comment