Mar 5, 2013

Swedish House Mafia Concert

So, last night I went to the Swedish House Mafia Concert with four friends: The Last Tour. When I was watching them, what I couldn't stop thinking about was the following: How can you be so great at something and want to let it go? I mean, honestly. They gave a great show. The saddest part is that they were incredibly into it and passionate about it. How can they be so willing to accept that this is one of their final shows? I don't really know what the reason is behind them breaking up or taking a hiatus is but I do know so I guess my opinion is a little bit naive. But what I do know is that if I had that talent and I had that much love for something then I would just not let it go. I've never been at a concert where I was on my feet the entire night willingly. Don't get me wrong, there were moments when I felt like I was going to collapse but to be frank, they really kept the energy going and they really made me want to stay up dancing. I really think that if they weren't so passionate about what they were doing up there, then people wouldn't have been on their feet the entire night.

The second thing that I kept thinking about is how much I want to be a part of the music world. I tend to deny it a lot but the other day, when I was talking about it with someone, I said something that I'd pretty much never really fully admitted to myself: It's what I want to do for the rest of my life. It's what I want to do for a  living. It's an almost impossible dream but I really do want to do music for a living. If I had the right resources and the right connections and perhaps the right amount of confidence in myself then maybe I would but right now I guess I just don't. All I know is that the best I can do for now is continue admiring people who do what they do because they love it like Swedish House Mafia.

Great money spent. Great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment