Nov 3, 2012

Sandy the Hurricane

Sandy hit our apartment on Monday night. All the power went out in my neighborhood. I remember sitting by myself in my room and seeing every little source of light just turn off within an instant. I looked out the window and I could see one or two people running every now and then in every direction, trying to get shelter. The window panes were shaking and it felt like the glass was about to shatter.

And yet, these past four days have been the most calming that I've experienced in quite a while. I spent the past four days at my best friend's house. I've never been in such a blissful state in my entire life. Her family is like my second family at this point. And on top of that, I feel as though we're starting to build our own small family. I've never felt so at ease with people in my life.




3 comments:

  1. LOL literally the exact opposite four days that i experienced

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete