Oct 3, 2012

Robot Necklace

So if you know me at all, you'd know that the most precious thing to me is my robot necklace. I literally never take it off. A lot of people think it looks silly because..well..it is just a little copper robot pendant on a chain. I don't know when my infatuation with it began but all I know is that one day my mom came home with it as a present for a reason that I don't remember. I would never take it off.

Today, I lost it. I should've known to take it off. I was in the middle of running when slowly I felt the chain slide down my neck and when I went to reach to grab it, the pendant was already gone. I searched and searched but I couldn't find it.

I never really thought about the value of the necklace. I never even thought about why I wore it. I just knew that it was my robot necklace that was forever engraved onto my neck. Then, upon losing it, I felt so upset that I had to question the value of it. A lot of the time I feel as though I lack consistency. Whether it's with school work, family life, sometimes even my friends, I always feel as though there is a bit of inconsistency. I had never taken a deep dependency on a human, an animal...let alone an object. The fact that I could wake up and know that I had no worry in the world as to where my robot necklace would be was, in the back of my mind, very reassuring.

I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment