Sep 18, 2012

Found some Inspiration

Lately, I've been sitting at my piano a lot and composing. It's been a while. I lost a lot of things last year and I think that that provided a lot of inspiration for both my poetry and music. As of recently, thinking a lot about senior year and everything that I'll be losing once again soon, I have returned into my writing moods. This may also be due to the fact that I've been watching a lot of music competition shows. I've been watching both X Factor shows and The Voice. As someone who's always wanted to sing in front of an audience, I can only imagine the nerves and the anxiousness that each contestant has when standing on that stage in front of those judges. I have a lot respect for each person that can do that. It takes a lot of effort and bravery to show the most intimate of your vulnerabilities to not only four judges but also to a crowd in front of you AND an audience on T.V. I feel like I'm learning every single day just by watching each person sing. These shows teach me confidence, passion and overall, love--love for the skill of music. 

Here are a few of my favorite performances of 2012: 


^ Melanie Martinez on "The Voice"


^ James Arthur on "The X-Factor UK"


^Ella Henderson on "The X-Factor UK"


^Quatrele on "The X-Factor US"
This one, didn't really impress me musically
But the audition in itself is heartbreaking and it really shoots down those who judge at first sight
I think that's what art can do
It can surprise us in the most unexpected places

No comments:

Post a Comment