Jul 19, 2012

Stability or Surprise

I really couldn't say which one I'd like more: surprise or stability. I guess to a certain extent, stability seems so endearing. I mean, who wouldn't want to feel safe and secure? I guess, from my perspective, repetitiveness tends to be incredibly relieving. There is literally nothing to throw you off balance or take your emotions on a trip over the tides of the ocean. You just know what to expect. And in the mean time, you know that you don't have to worry about your environment or the future; you can literally just concentrate on the present and now. Stability allows you to make room for yourself...it lets you develop your personality and gives you enough space to test different versions of it. Suddenly, all that is finite about stability becomes an infinite amount of relaxation; a means of comfort. If we're not looking for comfort throughout our lives...if we're not looking for something that allows us to take a break from the hectic nature of ourselves, then what else are we looking for?

But, I guess that at the same time, the human brain is only excited and is only truly alert when slammed with a dose of adrenaline. A challenge is what a surprise poses and if anyone truly knows me, then they know that I can get a bit competitive sometimes. Because of that, surprises have a certain allure to me. They have the aura of uncertainty and to not know what comes next ignites some fear--but the good kind of fear--the kind that I honestly believe every person should experience. I think that imbalance and a complete 360 degree turn in one's stability can cause one to either doubt oneself for the better and for the worse. The good kind of doubt is what makes surprises so incredibly worth-living. 

Thus, here is my problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment