Jul 2, 2012

I don't believe in independence

I guess I'll still use the word independent every now and then. However, I've recently decided that I really don't believe in independence. See, independence kind of insinuates that the person who attains that characteristic is separate from everyone and everything around he/she. I really believe that the only way that one can really become "distinct" from a crowd is from, ironically enough, observing and living within a crowd of people. I can honestly say that I'm about to go into my fourth year of high school and every year I feel as though I've grown little by little in synchronization with the people around me. My friends, teachers and parents have guided me and helped me in ways that are incomprehensibly strengthening. It would be a lie to say that I have built my character by myself because maybe, 2/3 or maybe all of who I am is honestly due to them.

So, dependency to a certain extent is independence.
I don't like that word.

No comments:

Post a Comment