Feb 5, 2012

My Brain

In English class a couple days ago, we were told to write about what our brain is like. We had ten minutes for this task and truthfully, I don't even think I wrote what I wanted to write. So, here, I'll write what I was trying to convey.

My brain loves information. It grabs everything it can hold and it's good at sciences, language, art etc. But, my brain is not excellent or drastically amazing at anything. I could say that that is one of my main worries. I have so many things that I like but my heart doesn't really reach out to any in particular. I may have good quantified results meaning that I do get great grades in my classes but it's only because I know how to get them and not because I actually love them.  

And then, there's music. My brain soaks in the notes of every piece, every song, every note and bathes in the pool of melody. I've just finished writing my first piano piece and to be honest, I have never been more ecstatic about a project. Whenever I'm near the instrument, it's as if my brain has a negative magnet that's being pulled towards all the positives of the piano. And it is only then when my brain really becomes a part of me. It is only then when my brain speaks to my fingers and the knuckles of my hands. It is only then when my foot does not trip over itself and instead, glides from pedal to pedal. My brain functions only then. 

But my worst worry of all is this one: I have never shared this love with music. And now, I have nobody to tell me: "Pursue it." To be honest, I don't think I'll ever really have the strength to share my brain's passion. I'll never get to share how I am my brain. And my brain is me. How together, we hold this secret. 



No comments:

Post a Comment