Jan 2, 2012

Change can be Good or Bad



When things go wrong, I think the worst you can do is wallow in your sadness. Relief doesn't come to you. And answers don't just fall upon you. The only way to be happy when your in a dark place is to you, yourself, get up and live. Thinking doesn't help. Thinking about how to fix a situation does not work out. You have to do something. Whether it's mending the broken, facing the source of your misery or just coming to terms with the circumstances...the point is to stop talking and start acting.
A lot people think they can't change and they use this precise excuse: "You have to accept me for who I am." Lots of people misplace the true meaning of that phrase. Mistakes are mistakes. People forgive them and continue to accept you for who you are. But when the same mistakes are continuously repeated, that's when they are no longer mistakes. They are just wrong choices and no, people will not accept that version of you.

If you want to change, change. That's it. If you're not happy, find something that makes you over joyous to the point where you can't even remember that darkness you were once in. The point is to be happy. And those who hold you back from whatever type of happiness you prefer are not worth it. 

I know all this because although I am young, I went through my own worst version. And perhaps that's when I was the youngest I had ever been. I was a person that I just wasn't proud of. And for a long amount of time, I didn't even recognize my own bad choices because I had been so accustomed to making the mistakes to the point that I was convinced that that was the person I was meant to be. One day I just woke up and I said to myself: "Stop talking shit."
And so, I changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment