Nov 3, 2011

Academics

I really am not an academic person. In fact, I'm not one at all. I love learning and I love getting great grades but I honestly don't like the work, I don't like having to memorize things etc. I am just not interested in sitting down every day and burying my face in books for about 3/4 the approximate 15 hours that I'm awake. Some people enjoy this. School work aids their self esteem and makes them feel entirely accomplished. That is just not me. When I get home the first thing I do is turn on music and draw or just read. By read, I mean I whip out my kindle and straight up read. My accomplishment is doing the kind of things I love. I've had to drop these kinds of things such as piano and dance all because the stress of school and other academic duties have made me so physically and mentally exhausted, that I don't even have time for my own hobbies. 

I don't think schools realize that the more homework and pressure they place on us, a decrease in our interest for education will occur. There has to be a balance. All kids love getting good grades and gaining knowledge about the world. We like to go out there and be able to have a nice conversation with adults or foreigners etc. and actually sound like we know a little something. So, us wanting to get education is not the issue. It's the fact that we all seek happiness and we're not getting it. And this stress and pressure does not let us reach that happiness. So what's the point in us working our asses off and carrying this burden called "school" every single day? We basically get nothing that actually aids us as humans. We simply move on to college and do this entire routine all over again for about 4, 5, 6, sometimes 10 years. 

Realistically wise...in the end, we'll realize that because the economy is so bad nowadays, this entire hassle was really not worth anything at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment