Sep 21, 2011

"There's No Place Like Home"

I was watching a show. And this woman in the show talks about how she once had a professor that spoke about the most hypocritical/horrible quote there was. And that was "there's no place like home" from the Wizard of Oz. The professor explained that if there was no place like home, how come Dorothy's home was in black and white? How come she wanted to go so badly to it when Oz was full of dancing tin men, happy lions etc. I thought this was an interesting theory because like our own world, Oz had it's mistakes. But how come Dorothy wanted to go so badly?

Anyways, this brings me back to my own subject. I love New York City, but for me there is honestly no place like MY home right now. However, people change, and I may evolve as I alter. In the future, New York City may be my own version of black and white, and I may yearn for it like Dorothy did simply because it's the only place I can honestly feel stability in. It may not be the best place for me, though.


Me: They say that people who love NYC tend to love Chicago.
Joe L: It's true.
Me: Maybe I'll go there one day to live.
Joe L: They're similar, but there's no place like New York City. No place at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment