Aug 6, 2011

Today, coming into NYC felt weird as shit. It didn't feel like I had lived in it for fifteen years. It felt strange and distant. Maybe it has to do with the lack of there being certain things in NYC that makes me want to flee it nowadays. Or maybe it's because there's a gap in me that has just made me feel as though I am misplaced. I just know that ever since I got back from BROWN, this doesn't feel like home and that's kind of shocking for me.

I always believed that this would be my permanent home, and that I would always be dragged back here but I guess I've learned today (because it just hit me) that although you believe you've reached your maximum self and have come to final decisions: people change. I will change. Things change. Not realizing that now will make you all the more prone to altering.

No comments:

Post a Comment