Jul 24, 2011

College Essay Ideas(?)


Among the many thoughts that I have in my head right now, the most prominent one has to be the "College Essay." I know it is summer and I know that technically I shouldn't really be thinking about this until next summer. But I can't help it. One of my main ideas would be related to a certain image that I've come to love: a feather breaking off into four birds. Now what I'd like to talk about in my essay is the fact that something already delicate and beautiful can wander off and turn into something greater through exploration and freedom. It is ironic for the feather itself obviously comes from a bird. I definitely want to go into this topic more and pick out the irony and how I can link it to my own life. I'd probably link it to certain events in my life that have made me wander away from my past selves which I had previously thought to be to its highest potentials and have made me slowly become something better, though I am still improving every single day.

Another idea would definitely be more personal. Again, I'd be brought back to write about how my two cousins passed away in 2009 December and how that crushed me much more than it already had 6 months later when I found out that my father received a job in the same place they had been living. If he had gotten that job six months before that, I could've visited, I could've seen them a last time and I would not have taken my family for granted. That could definitely be a possible idea for a college essay.

Recently received a book with a bunch of motivational quotes, so maybe that'll serve as prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment