Apr 5, 2011


lately, i've been thinking about nothing else but talent. i have no special talent, nothing to show off, nothing to really put my mind to and pursue. nothing to look forward to in college, nothing that clears my mind regarding college. there was one thing, however, that i was really good at. the piano. at one point it did take my mind off everything, especially when i was really good at it. but then, suddenly, i felt less motivated. perhaps it was because i never tried anything new, my teacher never gave me anything new to play. then again, i never pushed to find that new music that would take me so high i'd never want to come down. a lot of people actually don't know this side of me. my attachment to music is so strong and not even my closest friends know how much a part of me music is and always will continue to be. i have danced modern, jazz, ballet and tap. i have played the flute, the drums, the violin and the piano throughout my life. i've also always practiced my voice. however, that will never (to my dismay) be a talent of mine. it kills because if i was any good at it, i would definitely take it up as a career, i would give anything to be magnificent at that and have people recognize me as...well..."her, the one that can sing." there are so many things in my life that i have been working at and i'm good at them, slightly above average, but i'm not outstanding at them. i'm not..."her." piano was a big part of my life, i was good at it. but it was too much, the one thing that i was beyond good at, i let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment