Apr 28, 2011


If there is one thing in life that I have learned, it is to maintain motivation. Without motivation, there isn't much you can look forward too or move on from. Motivation is a state of mind, however. Whatever you desire must be accomplished through motivation and whatever you detest shouldn't get in your way. There are several points when you're a teenager when you feel as though you don't want to step forward from where you are standing. There were many points a few months ago where I felt like I was stuck and that I was not only stuck, but I was falling and getting sucked into a pile of quicksand. But motivation saw me through. 

We had a speaker last week on addictions. He told us to personify addiction and think of it as a shadow that follows around those who give in to it and believe they will escape it without consequences. My point in this rant is that I, now, picture motivation as a person. It's easy for me to say now that motivation is not my enemy, like addiction, but my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment