Mar 14, 2011

and then the sky turned red



this quote haunts me as if i had learned no other phrases in my life. i don't know what it is about these specific words. they just really shock me every time i remember them. i've blogged about this before but i believe it is worth re-blogging. i was once writing a personal essay and i ended it with this quote. i, actually, named the personal essay "And then the sky turned red." the personal essay was about four relationships that i had: rishav, abdullah, shiraz and my parents. i ended the essay with this paragraph:

"These three relationships along with my parents have affected my life as a whole, making me who I am and who I’m meant to truly be. “And then the sky turned red,” said Rishav to me one day long ago about what he had seen. And until today, I never really realized how that quote impacted me. The blue sky turning red represents me, for without these people; I would never have seen the sky turn red, I would’ve never experienced that once in a blue moon moment. So, if anyone ever asks me what my parents or what my true best friends are like, I’ll tell them they are just like me, since they have made me become who I am. And although I am fifteen, with a long life ahead of me, I have no complaints for now, which is how it should be. For now, I am home. "

there is nothing left to say in this post. i just thought i should relive the precise moment in which i wrote this entire 1850 word essay. on that day, i was happy, i was alive and content with my life. i had these three relationships to look up to each and every day, something to rely on and love. it seems as though around that precise period of time, everything started to go downhill. everything started changing and altering. it is precisely today that i feel as though i can stand up and look out the window and realize that the sky has turned red for me once again.

a part of me is still with you, no matter how i act, no matter how much i deny it.
i'm happy i can look back at everything with a smile and no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment