Jan 13, 2011

Shubz and Chubz

Just saying, this is a poorly written post. It is literally just written out of love, and does not lack anything, in my opinion, but eloquent vocabulary.

So I'm making my best friend a birthday present. And it's extremely hard to put in two years worth of love into a present. There are so many things that I want to tell her and so many things that I want to remind her of and so many ways that I want to tell her how much I really do love her. Shiraz has to be one of my only very close best friends. She also put much time and effort into the present that she made me for my past birthday so not only should I return the favor, I hope to top that one so she knows just how much she means to me. There are many different words that I could use to describe Shiraz, among them: innocent, wild, spontaneous, cautious, beautiful, kind-hearted, open-minded, elegant, driven, and simply the type of person that you'd want to approach and get to know. There are many things that I could give her. For example, I have already gotten her two rings. I could also give her a sweater, a cd, a dance outfit, or anything simple of the sort. However, there is much more depth necessary and needed to be put into the type of present you'd want to give a best friend. Never take your friends for granted, because in any instant, in any moment, somebody could be gone and out of your life forever. Happy Belated Birthday Shubs, I hope (when I finish it) that you will like your present. And I hope it represents the happiness and the sadness we experience together. I hope it describes how sisters are supposed to be. How best friends are supposed to be. How I hope we'll forever be.

I think my favorite moment, and probably yours too was the one time when we had a sleepover. And you were sleeping in the living room and I was sleeping in my head. However, being at my house so much, you are obviously accustomed to being around me all the time. So you came to my room and you didn't even knock on the door, you just opened it and looked at me. So I pulled the sheets up and I said, "I knew this would happen." We laughed and you said your "awww's" then we spooned (I know, who knew it was possible when this girl has such a big badonk). My next favorite moment was the day I got everybody on facebook to write Shubert on your wall. From then on, you became Shubs or Shubz (as Abdullah likes to call you). Then Abdullah also nicknamed me based on our fat relationship: Chubz. From then on, you and I became Shubz and Chubz.

I know both of us aren't completely great at being cheesy with one another, but without words, we get by with our actions. Your hugs are the best, Shubz. They make my day each time because there's no hesitation in it, it is literally just a giant hug shared between two small sisters. I love you so much and even if I'm still in the fucking U.S. for college and you're in Israel for the Army, I know we'll keep in touch. It's hard to look into the future for the day when we leave each other but one day we'll be rooming, on a farm, like we planned, spooning. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment